What is Vestibular therapy?
Vestibular therapy is a proven treatment for dizziness and balance problems. The assessment starts with cervical and neurological scans to make sure this treatment is safe and appropriate for you. There are many conditions that can contribute to dizziness and balance disorders, our assessment helps to determine the roots of its cause.
Vestibular assessment includes:
Cranial nerves and cerebellar function
Vestibular-ocular reflex and Infrared black out goggles analysis
Balance and Fall risk assessment
It has been proven that people who try to remain active following vestibular damage recover far better than those who limit their movement to avoid symptoms. Our vestibular system has a tremendous capability to adapt and compensate when things go wrong, or when the input from the ears is abnormal.
- Crystal repositioning for BPPV (Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) disorders
- Vestibular-ocular reflex training
- Central nervous system compensation and/or central sensory substitution exercises
- Ocular motor exercises
- Habituation exercises for visual and motion sensitivity
- Neck proprioception exercises
- Manual therapy for the neck
- Exertion training & general conditioning